Yup, this budget post is coming to you a solid week-ish into December because my brain.
Of course this is THE month we didn’t blog on time.
It’s the one month of the year that people blow their budgets out of the water and leave the month with a nasty financial hangover. Hopefully if you were headed for destruction, this post will draw you back to safety!
With that, let’s dive into December’s budget post.
In these posts we will write-up typical expenses that may get overlooked for the particular month.
So, what expenses might you expect in the month of November:
- Immaculate Conception/Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Party or gathering supplies
- Special menu to celebrate the feast days
- Holidays Travel (get ready to seriously break the bank if you are booking flights this late)
- New Year’s
- Spiritual reading or retreat fees
- Christmas (Yes, it’s really December already)
- Special Outfits
- Party supplies
- More gifts (that random gift exchange you forgot about…)
- Christmas cards (Jonathan designed and ordered ours this year, savings us hundreds for the amount we send out! Woot!)
- Winter Clothing
- Ski or Snow boarding gear
- Other accessories
- Winter Fun!
- Ice Skating
- Snow Boarding
- Cross-country skiing
- Car Maintenance
- End of year donations
- Life Insurance premiums
Again, these are some expenses we’ve found ourselves budgeting for this month, so they might be applicable to you or not. Some of these expenses are best budgeted for as a sinking fund...like car maintenance or life insurance premiums.
Happy budgeting y’all!