We are publicly kick-starting our plans to adopt and giving you TWO ways in which you can help our family grow. We talked about finding a birth mother in the first post. Now, we’ll explore the second way you can help.
The Puzzle Fundraiser!!!
Y’all know that adoption is not cheap. We’re intentional stewards of the money God gives us to manage but no…we don’t have a spare $30,000 laying in the bank for adoption.
With time we could save that amount on our own but through praying about this for the past several months, we feel a strong call to invite others to help us financially in bringing our babe home. In our self-sufficient society, we hear God asking us specifically to make ourselves vulnerable in this way…as if sharing our infertility story hasn’t been humbling enough!
“Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to care for orphans* and widows in their affliction…” James 1:27
If there is one theme that has been showing up in our prayer, it’s that God is writing a story here and we are simply along for the ride and need to hold on tight. This adoption is not just a means of growing our family. It can be a way to bring The Body of Christ together to answer God’s call to care for a child in need of parents. Who are we to prevent YOU from being able to answer this call in a concrete way by supporting our adoption efforts financially? For many, perhaps even yourself, this will be the only chance to care for a child in this situation in an up close and personal way and we invite you to come alongside us in this journey.
*When we use see this term orphan, we are in no way implying that birth families are abandoning their child. That’s really not how adoption works. It’s an intentionally chosen path the birth family moves towards BUT in the end the child does need parents to raise them and that is who they are looking for.
Here’s how it works:
- We have designed a beautiful 1,000 piece puzzle
- Each piece can be purchased for a $25 donation or more
- You can buy one or many puzzle pieces
- Your name and personalized message (optional) will be written on the pieces you purchase scaled to size
How to Donate:
- Click on the Donate button below and pay securely through PayPal
- Write a check or donate cash and hand deliver to Jonathan and/or Amanda Teixeira
- Mail a check to us (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our address)
- If you are interested in a tax-deductible donation, email us and we will provide a link on how to set one up
***Any funds we raise above and beyond our final adoption costs, as they could vary significantly, will be saved for future adoptions!***
Let us know if you have any questions!
We are very excited to begin this portion of the journey, as we wrap up the home study process with our agency! This step is getting me to understand this adoption is going to be real some day…hopefully soon!